Exclusively for Homeowners
Pets, Animals
  • chevron_rightHow many pets may I have
    The City of Glendale allows a maximum four (4) dogs over four (4) months of age which can be kept at a single location in Glendale. Any person owning or housing a dog in the City Of Glendale for more than thirty (30) days is required to obtain a dog license; this license must be renewed every year or a three (3) year license may be obtained.
    The maximum number of cats over four (4) months of age which can be kept at a single location in Glendale is six (6).  Currently, cat licenses are not required in the City of Glendale. However, licensing your cat has many benefits such as helping get a lost cat back to their owner.
    It is recommended that you have your animals micro-chipped.  In case they escape their yard (and the predators that live in the area), it will make finding their owner easier.
  • chevron_rightI've lost (or Found) a Pet - Now what
    If You've Lost a Pet...
    If you live in Glendale and have lost your pet, come to the Pasadena Humane Society (PHS) to report your lost pet. There you can check the kennels, view records of animals that were picked up or called in as lost, and fill out a lost pet form.
    After you visit the shelter, you can still help try to locate your pet:
    Check the View Pets section of the website every day and visit the shelter every other day. Our online listings are updated hourly, but are not a substitute for coming in person to the shelter.
    Visit all the shelters in your area or the area in which your pet was lost.
    Post lost pet flyers in the area in which your pet was last seen.
    Check the internet for lost and found pet listings.
    If You've Found a Pet...
    PHS handles lost and found pets in the seven cities they service: Arcadia, Bradbury, Glendale, La Cañada-Flintridge, Monrovia, Pasadena, San Marino, Sierra Madre and South Pasadena. If you have found a pet in one of those cities, call 626-792-7151. An officer will pickup the animal. Or you may bring it to our shelter. Remember, the owner may be searching for that lost pet, and the longer you hold on to a pet, the less likely the owner will be looking for it.
    After the pet you found is at the shelter, you can still help try to locate its owner:
    Prepare a flyer giving only a physical description of the pet and the shelter's telephone number. Distribute copies widely. (You may want to check the legality of posting on public property). As you distribute the posters, remember to look for lost flyers that the owner may have posted.
    Check the lost and found classified ads in all of your local newspapers for a lost ad about the pet.
  • chevron_rightHow do I dispose of bulky items
    For free residential Bulky and Electronic Item Pickup Service, residents should either call 818-548-3916 or complete the electronic form at the City of Glendale website three working days prior to the refuse collection day in your area (e.g. Friday for the following Wednesday collection) to leave a message with your address, collection day, description of item(s), and location of item(s).
  • chevron_rightHow do I dispose of electronic waste
    Because electronics contain metals that pollute the environment, California law makes it illegal to place any electronic item in the trash. For a list of items and locations to recycle electronics properly, please contact one of the following agencies. These locations also accept other commonly recycled/reused items.
  • chevron_rightHow do I dispose of hazardous waste
    It is illegal to dispose household hazardous wastes (HHW) in the garbage, down drains, or onto the ground. As further explained at this State of California website, the following wastes are banned from the trash: fluorescent lights, batteries, most electronic devices, household and landscape chemicals (including pesticides and pool care products), paints and solvents, treated wood, building materials containing asbestos, motor oil, antifreeze, compressed gas cylinders, and needles and sharps generated in home health care.
    As explained on the Glendale Fire Department website, household hazardous waste is accepted at the City's Environmental Management Center (EMC)
    Wednesdays and Saturdays 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
    Environmental Management Center
    780 Flower St.
    Glendale, CA 91201
    Please call (818) 548-3862 for a pre-recorded message on types and quantities of waste accepted as well as who is eligible to use this city service.
    No Drugs Down The Drain, Please!
    Flushing pharmaceuticals down the toilet is not a good practice. These products are pollutants which contaminate water sources. Samples of stream water have detected human drugs, veterinary drugs, detergents, personal care products, fragrances, insecticides and other chemicals. In addition, small traces of prescription drugs have even been detected in fish.
  • chevron_rightWhat day is trash picked up - and what time may I place trash out
    Our scheduled pick-up day is Wednesday for trash (purple container), recycles (grey container) and yard waste (green container).  Please do not put containers out before dark on Tuesday evening, and bring them in by Wednesday evening.
    The City of Glendale Integrated Waste Management Division will NOT provide refuse collection service on December 25 or January 1. Between December 25 and January 3, Wednesday through Friday refuse customers will be serviced one day later. For example, customers with Wednesday service will be picked up Thursday and customers with Friday service will be picked up on Saturday. Customers with Monday or Tuesday service will be unaffected. For questions, please call the Integrated Waste Management Division at (818) 548-3916 during business hours.
    The only holidays which will cause a change in your refuse and recycling collection schedule are Christmas and New Year's Day. During the weeks in which those holidays occur, all collection scheduled for those days or on following days during the same week will be postponed by one day.

Visit Us:

1883 Camino San Rafael
Glendale, CA 91208

Contact Us

Hours for the On-Site Manager are under review:

Please Call Matthew Wells at First Service Residential for assistance